“I greet everyone on Holi, Ugadi, Gudi Padwa, Bihu, Navratri,” PM Modi said
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the 75th edition of his monthly radio address – “Mann Ki Baat” today.
In the January edition of the broadcast, Prime Minister Modi had appealed the nation to write about freedom fighters and stories of their struggle to mark the country’s 75th Independence Day this year.
- It is the 75th episode of Mann K Baat, very happy and glad that we have been attached with each other through this broadcast. We have spoken about all segments– education, toy-making, tecnology, culture and traditions.
- People are sharing their experiences and pictures of Amrit Mahotsav. I request you all to please share stories related to the festival and help the nation achieve new heights.
- Last year in March, we observed “Janata Curfew”. It became an inspiration for the entire world as it was an extraordinary example of discipline. We showed our love and respect for corona-warriors.
- We were striving hard to get corona vaccine and today we are conducting the biggest vaccine programme in the world. I am happy to see that people are getting vaccine doses from across the country. One person from Kerala has named the drive as “Vaccine Sewa”
- Mitali Raj has inspired many women and men in the world. I congratulater her for scoring 10,000 runs in women’s cricket. PV Sindhu won silver medal recently.
- I am happy that daughters are creating a niche for themselves in sports and other segments in life. It is in the month of March, when we were celebrate Women’s Day, and many women players have won medals and make records.
- Lighthouses are integral for promoting tourism and always attract people due to their magnificent structures. India has 71 lighthouses. Chennai’s lighthouse has an elevator and the only lighthouse in the country situated within the state.
- It is the 10th year of Tsunami that struck Japan. In 2004, India was hit by a similar tsunami and we lost 14 lighthouse keepers. I pay my respects and tribute to them.
- Farmers should adopt new alternatives along with traditional farming to boost income, create more employment opportunities. We are known for manufacturing bee wax and I want farmers to join bee-farming.
- We recently observed “World Sparrow Day”. As summers are approaching, we shuould strive hard to save sparrows as well as other birds and animals
- I greet everyone on Holi, Ugadi, Gudi Padwa, Bihu, Navratri.